Thursday, January 29, 2015

New Friends

New School, New Friends
(tl;dr watch the video at the bottom)

Most of you are probably high school or college students (like me!) so I thought that I should maybe talk a little about making friends or moving to a new school. I have transferred between schools multiple times the past 5 years and I feel like I'm allowed to talk about this.
When you are in a new place, no one knows who you are and you are free to reinvent yourself. I'm not saying that you should lie about who you are and make up huge unbelievable stories, I'm saying that you have a chance to be the person you've always wanted to be. If you want to be seen as more mature, act the part. If you want to be more studious, work on your study habits. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. I'm not saying that you have to become the most popular person at the school but you should definitely talk to some people and get to know them. I find it easiest to make friends with people who are in multiple of my classes or neighbors that I see all the time on my way to school.
Right now I have a group of econ friends. They're the people that I took all my economics classes with and basically walked together from class to class every day. I only talked to them in class or in study group but I would definitely go up to them and say hi whenever I see them on campus. I would make friends with them if I weren't graduating soon but because of that, I have distanced myself from most people. I don't want to get attached just to never see them again.
I however, don't recommend that. If you are one of those people who need companionship, do the same thing when making friends and hang out with them on weekends outside of school. I do have one friend though who has been in every single one of my quarters (we use quarters instead of semesters) and that person I talk to outside of class. Other than that, hardly anyone unless there's homework involved.
I do recommend to always hold on to old friends. They say that the friends you make in school are the ones you keep for life. I definitely agree with that when it comes to my high school friends. Even though we meet up once a year, we always pick up right where we left off. And I know they will accept me and support me in anything I do because we've been through so much together and they've seen all sides of me.
I hope what I have said today has helped me in some way. Feel free to message me or leave a comment in the comments here or in the video about anything. I'm always online and I love replying to people. You can watch the video below, it basically says the same things but more fun. The editing definitely took awhile because of the jump cuts. Man jump cuts are so hard to do!


Video here:




My links to check out:

Youtube - Cattyliu816 - subscribe to see when I upload videos
Twitter - Cattyliu816 - follow me to see when I update or just to read my thoughts
Cat's Disney Obsession Blog - I really love all things Disney
Summary of Things Blog - see just about how many things I watch
Tigger Adventures Instagram - my Tigger toy loves going on Disney adventures with me
Personal Instagram - Just a bunch of selfies (not really) and Disney things
Facebook Page - I post blog updates and random links I find online (check this last)

No comments:

Post a Comment