Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Baking: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Over the winter break, I was feeling quite domestic and decided to bake some cookies. The first thing I baked was these chocolate chip cookies. Here's the video of me baking and the recipe will be copy & pasted right underneath.
This is the recipe that I used: Link




Note: It ended up being 16 cookies and I didn't start preheating the oven until I was done mixing everything. By the time I finished spooning the first 12 cookies, the oven was done preheating. I left the first 12 cookies in the oven a little longer than 10 so that the 4 extra cookies could cook completely. Those 4 ended up coming out perfectly. They were crispy and crunchy on the outside and moist and soft on the inside (like a perfect brownie). Next time I make this, I will probably put less chocolate chips and more cinnamon.


This is for 12 servings

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
4. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
5. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
6. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans. (There is enough butter in the mixture to not need grease)
7. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.





Here are my links to check out:

Youtube - Cattyliu816 - subscribe to see when I upload videos
Twitter - Cattyliu816 - follow me to see when I update or just to read my thoughts
Cat's Disney Obsession Blog - I really love all things Disney
Summary of Things Blog - see just about how many things I watch
Tigger Adventures Instagram - my Tigger toy loves going on Disney adventures with me
Personal Instagram - Just a bunch of selfies (not really) and Disney things
Facebook Page - I post blog updates and random links I find online (check this last)

No comments:

Post a Comment